In line with the commitments in the field of human rights and democratization under the European Neighbourhood Policy and the Eastern Partnership, the Annual Action Programme 2014 under the European Neighbourhood Instrument (ENI) includes a programme aiming to strengthen civil society and increase citizens' participation in promoting human rights and fundamental freedoms to advance the democratic development of the country. As part of this programme, UNDP was awarded a direct contract by EU with an overall objective to strengthen the role and capacities of civil society in Azerbaijan in the promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms. For this purpose, UNDP developed a project “Enabling civil society to play a greater role in advancing socio-economic rights of vulnerable populations“.
The overall objective of the project is to increase the role of the civil society in advancing socio-economic rights of vulnerable populations. The project will support civil society initiatives at national and local levels aimed at promoting and advancing rights of vulnerable groups through addressing social inclusion, socio-economic, non-discrimination and equality needs of vulnerable groups, particularly women, PWD, children and young people, imprisoned persons in Azerbaijan.
To achieve the project objectives, UNDP partners with 12 CSOs, each of which has experience and track record in working for and with vulnerable groups. Throughout the project duration, each of
the 12 CSOs will implement different initiatives aiming to promote and protect the rights of vulnerable groups, with the overall support from UNDP. The project will support the partner CSOs to 1) utilize human-rights based approach in promoting the rights of the vulnerable groups, 2) promote social inclusion and socio-economic rights of the vulnerable groups at the local level, 3) promote the issues of non-discrimination and equality. The activities will be implemented in different regions of Azerbaijan.
The objectives of the project will be achieved through the delivery of the following Expected Results:
Estimated Result 1: Non-governmental organizations have been supported to utilize human-rights based approach in advancing the socio-economic rights of the vulnerable groups
Estimated Result 2: Community-based organizations have been supported to promote social inclusion of the vulnerable groups
Estimated Result 3: Non-governmental organizations have been supported to promote the issues of non-discrimination and equality.
The project is structured in the following inter-related components and corresponding activities under each component:
Component 1: Organisational Development Support to the Project partners
Component 2: Support to viable models for advancing social inclusion and socio-economic rights of vulnerable groups
Component 3: Non-discrimination and equality framework promotion
Duties and Responsibilities
Communication and Advocacy Consultant will be responsible for providing a 2-day training to 12 local CSOs to improve their communication and advocacy skills. The training programme should be inter-active and combine theory with practical group exercise. Suggested topics/sessions to be covered in the training are the following:
- Effective advocacy and campaign strategies
- Working with media including social media
- Building coalitions and networking
- Working with different audiences
Final programme of the training will be agreed between UNDP and the Consultant.
The key deliverable will be delivery of 2-day training to 12 CSOs.
- Review the Capacity Development Plan for the CSOs and advise on the training concept
- In consultation with UNDP, prepare the training programme/outline on the topics as relevant to the needs
- Prepare the training materials, presentations, hand-outs
- Planning, organizing and multi-tasking
- Sharing knowledge and experience, communicating ideas and managing information glow
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in the field of journalism, communication, public relations management and marketing or related field - 20 points
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in development communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or a related field – 20 points
- Capability and proven experience in developing and executing advocacy and public awareness strategies – 15 points
- Approach to the work - 15 points
The minimum threshold for technical part of the offers is 49 point.
Communication and Advocacy Consultant will be evaluated based on the following methodologies:
1. Lowest price and technically compliant offer
When using this method, the award of a contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as both:
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) offering the lowest price/cost
“responsive/compliant/acceptable” can be defined as fully meeting the TOR provided.
During the assignment internal travels are expected (local DSA is USD 92) and it is should be included into financial proposal.
The system accepts only one attachment, so please, send both technical and financial offer in one file.